Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Emotional support Kitties

(written 1/29/21)

 "Ye, tho I walk through the Valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me. Thy rod & thy staff comfort me"

"For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than to dwell in the tents of wickedness"

These are the scriptures that have been on repeat and helping me through my living situation in the San Fernando Valley. While I was here, I met an empty pit of cold anger. This was far from what I have desired. Where I sought community and warm, I found isolation & coldness. Where I hoped for kindness & peace, I found animosity & war. And I have no one to blame but myself. I understand the power of intuition. It is the spiritual compass to help us navigate this material dense world. Anytime you go against it, you suffer. Periodt. If I even feel a hunch, GO WITH IT. By any means necessary. Just as you can't squeeze water out of a rock, it is impossible to seek Love without the presence of God. If you can find Him in your surroundings, Go where He is, and it is almost always within. 

I have felt deep sadness, my regrets, bitterness, sorrow, rage, anger, and overall, I came face to face with my darkest fears living here. And what did I find? The balm of forgiveness, unbotheredness, the power of emotional calm, and the confidence of Christ. I am also so so grateful for these 3 little flurry angels that kept me sane, company, entertained, and most of all, loved. When the absence of loving company & when the dense negative energy was too much to wade through (whether it was my own or others), those 3 little kitties knew the right time to steal cuddles or meow my heart back to health. When I was tempted by anger, bitterness, resentment and fear, God provided a tiny way out through the emotional support of these little kitties: (names have been changed)  Boona-the old wise one & character judge, Bruno -my main homie/King of cuddles), and BB- Princess of Cuddles. There was one more but we aint really connect like that. Wow...as much as I think i'm not a "cat lady", I didn't lose my mind with these 4 cats, although at times, it was annoying and itchy AF. Thankfully it is a big house so they were spread out. But as sit here, reflecting on my time here in the Valley, typing watching the last sunrise from this room, Boona is laying here, sharing her unconditional company. She was the first kitty to welcome me in this home and she is the last one to chill with me here. I didn't realize she slept under my bed last night *insert warm fuzzy feeling*. 

...at this moment, BB bursts in my room and Boona slowly moseys out. She jumps on my lap and attacks me with biscuits and purrs in her typical obnoxious way.I give her a solid 5 minutes then see her place her head down and suddenly stop. Then I smell booboo. At that moment I pick her up and promptly end the cuddle session. EAUX. They are still ANIMALS.

Anyway, there are still boxes I need to pick up but I'm grateful for the kitty cuddle morning session to send me off. The Bruno is going to be the hardest to leave...he was the most rambunctious and oh so vocal! 

I realize the gift of the pure spirits of animals and why they are truly emotional support being. Knowing that there were 3 here to keep my emotions in somewhat balance is a testament that "things truly are always working out for me".

No comments:

Post a Comment