Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Allison Semmes, Inc.

God Bless Temp Work. It's an opportunity to sit down at a desk and be selectively productive, meet new people, and serve in a momentary way. Today I'm temping at a Philanthropic Fund and there is a large conference happening with everyone for training and interviews happening as well. The kitchen is pretty largely stocked and the people are super nice...with an exception of a few rotten apples in the bunch but because I will NEVER EVER EVER see these people again, I feel healthily detached. Those who are kind and we have a lovely connection with is a passing blessing. Those who don't are like flies at a picnic...hehehe....I'm learning to not be so attached and accept things as the transient things that they are. 

Anywho, the idea of sitting at a screen in a work environment is lovely because it gives me time to sit and really evaluate what is important and what is part of the Business of ME. I am not only a receptionist of this company but it opens my eyes to how I can be a receptionist in the company of ME. What am I receiving, how am I distributing information, how am I managing the flow. I  am reminded how to be a gainful employee and employer of Allison Semmes, Inc. 
This is a whole mindset shift, I feel like I should have done it years ago...but better late than never. 
*Sigh* 


No comments:

Post a Comment